While regular crowns usually require two clinical visits and require the use of a temporary crown while your new one is being made at an external lab, Wentworth Family Dental is pleased to offer single appointment CEREC crowns! With a single appointment CEREC crown, you can visit our clinic, and a couple of hours later leave with a completely new tooth made in our clinic lab!
Your SW Calgary Choice for Single Appointment CEREC Crowns!
How Does CEREC Technology Work?
- First, the chipped or damaged tooth is prepared for restoration by removing any decay or damage.
- Using a high-resolution intraoral camera, digital images are taken of the prepared tooth and surrounding teeth and bite.
- After the images are taken, the CEREC computer uses them to create virtual 3D models of your mouth.
- A Wentworth Family Dental dentist then designs the new porcelain crown on the CEREC computer to fit your tooth exactly, with an accurate bite.
- Once the crown design is complete, a solid block of porcelain is placed into the CEREC milling machine and in less than 15 minutes a permanent crown is ready to be permanently placed for you, all in just one appointment.