If you are missing one or more teeth, a dental bridge might be the right solution for you. Wentworth Family Dental is pleased to offer this restorative dental solution to replace one or multiple teeth in the same area, to achieve the smile you have always wanted.
Your SW Calgary Choice for Dental Bridges!
What is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge, also known as a fixed partial denture, is a restorative dental treatment that is used to replace one or more missing teeth in the same area. It accomplishes this by joining permanently to adjacent natural teeth or dental implants next to the tooth or teeth being treated. Essentially, a dental bridge ‘bridges’ the gap left behind by a missing tooth or teeth. It consists of two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap, and a false (prosthetic) tooth in between.
Benefits of a Dental Bridge
- Restores the function of your teeth and helps restore the ability to chew
- Maintains the aesthetics of your smile
- Helps maintain the shape or your face
- Prevents surrounding teeth from drifting out of position
- Fills in spaces that would otherwise leave surrounding teeth susceptible to tooth decay and other ongoing conditions
- Provides a long-lasting durable aesthetic solution for missing teeth. Depending on weaker and tear, and with optimal oral hygiene and regular check-ups, a dental bridge can last up to 15 years or longer